Monday, June 01, 2020

Stitchmaynia 2020 done!

Hello, I'm back. I know I'm terrible about posting, but I show up every now and again to share what I've been up to in the crafting world. As for Stitchmaynia, this year I did 20 new starts and the other days I worked on my WIPs. Most of my new starts are Christmas ornaments, because I really wanted some handmade ones to put on my Christmas tree, plus they are quick to finish. Unfortunately, I didn't have any finishes for May. My last finish was in April, it was one of the free charts that was part of the #bewellandstitch movement. This is from Lizzie Kate Designs.


I hope you are all doing well during these uncertain times. I'm glad I have a craft that keeps me calm and inspired.

Here are some of my new starts for Stitchmaynia:

Twelve Days of Christmas, Satsuma Street, there are 12 ornaments.


All is Calm stocking, I think it's small enough to be an ornament. Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Dec. 2014. There were some specialty stitches that I wasn't aware of until I started stitching. They were easy to figure out and fun to do.


Santa Rides, The Prairie Schooler. I love this one, because it's just cool to see Santa riding a horse!


Merry Christmas stocking, Black Bird Designs.


Trimming the Tree, Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Dec. 2019.


Moose Joy, Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Dec. 2019.


Christmas Robin, Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Dec. 2019. Designer, The Little Stitcher.



Christmas Bullfinch, Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Dec. 2019. Designer, Punochka.


This one I did on 32 count Belfast and I really like it. Last year when I used this fabric, it was a little difficult to work with, but this time around it's not so bad. Magnifiers help! Most of my projects are stitched on 28 count Monaco or 14 count Aida, it's nice to try a different fabric and count.

I have more to share and I will be fully finishing some of my other finishes. 

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

The little robin is so cute! Lovely work.

Sara Bronfman said...

Wow!! Love your content. I’m going to have to bookmark it and come back again!

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...