Sunday, November 24, 2019

More wips, starts and finishes

Wow, I can't believe these months are flying by. At least I have a lot to share, but I'll keep it short because I'm never able to finish my posts, and then it doesn't get sent.

Finishes
Okay, this is too much. I was so happy to have completed Field Mouse Hollow, but after I had taken it down from the wall, I realized that I had forgotten to stitch the white laces on the shoe! Luckily, I didn't glue it down and I was easily able to take it apart and I can finish it later. I usually lace up my cross stitch on the back or stick it down with sticky tape and it comes apart easily.


Field Mouse Hollow


I love this, it came out so cute. I found the sled at Target, it was the last one left. I knew exactly what I was going to use it for, Chicken Joy by Priscilla and Chelsea. Free pattern is available at Priscilla's blog.

Chicken Joy

I finished November Cottage just in time to hang up for November. I made the ruffle with my ruffle attachment on my sewing machine. It's all attached with sticky tape and comes apart easily, because I don't know if this is how I want to display it. It's mounted on with the wood piece with magnets and washers.


November Cottage

My first Christmas ornament this year. This is another free pattern from Cecelia Turner from Heart in Hand Designs. This is so cute and a quick stitch to finish. I followed Vonna's tutorial, the Twisted Stitcher, on making the pillow ornament.


Merry


I have a couple of more ornaments that are completed, which are in the process of finishing, so I can share pics tomorrow.


WIPS
I also went back to my Red Wagon ornament by Sue Hillis Designs, Home for the Holidays. I started it back in the spring, which I decided to try my hand at 32 count Belfast. Even though it was over two threads, it was still a struggle for me, so I put it away. This time I wore magnifying glasses and better lighting which makes it easier this time. Actually, I think my eyes are getting use to smaller stitches, because I stitched some of my ornaments on 18 count and it wasn't so bad.

I was stitching Pumpkin Spice Farm by Hands On Design and Pumpkin Hollow Farms by Little House Needleworks, but I put all my fall stuff away because I'm anxious to work on my Christmas projects. I'm ready to decorate for Christmas any day now!

I'm also participating in a stitch along on Instagram. I'll share more pics tomorrow, but I really need to post this or it will never be done. Have a great Sunday!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...