Saturday, August 18, 2018

August Sewing and some cards

I hope you are doing well. I've been busy working on my Cozy Christmas blocks from Lori Holt's Cozy Christmas Sew Along from 2016. I started this year, but I should have been a lot further along, I'm just finishing block 8. I'm getting a little nervous when I start to put these blocks together, though. My earlier blocks don't seem to be the same size as the current ones. I have a funny feeling I will have adjust them some how.


Block 4


Block 5


Block 6

I'll post Blocks 7 and 8 tomorrow, I just need to do a little embroidery and they will be done. Yay!

I also made a few cards, which I had already posted on facebook, but I also made a stack of bookmarks for my etsy customers. Oh yeah, handmade note cards, too. These cards are a "one sheet wonder" from a 6x6 paperstack, Garden Impressions DSP paperstack and Petal Palette stamp set from Stampin' UP!. Here's the link to the video from a SU demonstrator, great tutorial!




In the meantime, I've been interested in sewing clothes (again!). After looking at sewing blogs and watching youtube videos, I have been inspired to sew a few tops/blouses. I used to sew for myself and my daughter many, many years ago and thought I would never do that again. Well, never say never! It's not that I didn't enjoy it, just that it was so much easier to buy your own clothes. Well, my attitude is different now and my overall situation is different, too, that it seems it would be nice to sew for myself again. Anyway, I picked up some patterns at Joann's and we'll see. I do have to learn how to do some fitting adjustments, because that is what my problem was before. It will be fun to make a few simple tops and casual wear. No pressure on myself, we'll just see what works.

Happy sewing, happy crafting!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...