Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipes for you

I guess I should have posted the recipes of the last two photos; Pineapple Upside-down Cake and the Date-Nut Cakes.

The Pineapple Upside-down Cake can be found at the Betty Crocker website. Which is pretty straight forward recipe and tasted pretty good, but I'm willing to try other versions.

From my Fannie Farmer Baking Book are the Date-Nut Cakes. Which is very rich, great when topped with a spoonful of unsweetened whipped cream. Enjoy with tea or coffee.


Date-Nut Cakes

3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 chopped pitted dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the muffin pans, spray them with no-stick coating, or line them with fluted paper baking cups.
Beat the eggs until they are foamy, then add the sugar and vanilla and beat well. Add the dates and nuts, stirring well to separate them and break up the pieces. Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small cup. Sprinkle over the date mixture and blend well. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the centers have puffed slightly, are firm, and spring back when pressed gently. Cool for about 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.

Hope you like the recipes.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...