Monday, November 15, 2010

And back to blogging ......

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just about upon us. Our kitchen is pretty much complete after 6 weeks of being under construction. There are just a few touch ups here and there. Oh, and my pantry isn't finished, we are converting a closet in the kitchen into a pantry, which will be very handy and frees up alot of space in the cabinets for dishes, bowls, etc. We also need new curtains and other decorations and dining table, but that will all come in time.



Ignore that ratty old stool, we picked up a couple of these counter stools at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. They look really nice, although not easy to put together.


The first thing I made were these Jalapeno Beer Muffins. They were pretty good. Here's the recipe, adapted from this Basic Beer-Cheese Bread from Cooking Light.

Jalapeno-Cheese Beer Muffins
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4  cup  thinly sliced green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped Jalapenos
  • 1/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  • 1  garlic clove, minced
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3  tablespoons  sugar
  • 2  teaspoons  baking powder
  • 1  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  cup  (4 ounces) shredded 4 blend Mexican cheese
  • 1  (12-ounce) bottle lager-style beer (I used Heineken)
  • Cooking spray
  • 2  tablespoons  melted butter
Preheat oven to 375F. Heat oil in skillet over med-low heat. Add onion and Jalapenos to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add onion mixture, cheese and beer to flour mixture, stirring just until moist with spoon.

Spoon batter into 12 cup muffin pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle melted butter over each muffin batter. Bake at 375F for about 18-20 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan and cool complete on wire rack.

Maybe bake a little longer, because mine didn't turn out golden brown as the recipe says. I was to anxious to eat them!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

antmee said...

I hope you are going to paint and recover that stool to compliment your new kitchen. If you do, give us a peek!

Billie said...

Lol, yes we bought new stools! We still need new dining set, window coverings, and pics back up on the wall. But at the moment it's been a busy holiday week, just got back yesterday from visiting family up north. Thanks for stopping by, I've been neglecting my blog, big time!

Inagaki said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Congrats on your new spanking ktichen! :)

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...