Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mitsuwa!

Today I met my daughter Angela at Mitsuwa Marketplace in San Diego. If you're not familiar it's a big Japanese market with many stores within, we could have spent days in there. I have been wanting to go there for weeks, I don't know why I treat San Diego like a foreign city, it's only about 30 or 40 minutes from where we live. Anyway, first, we made headway to the bookstore because I'm in love with Japanese craft and sewing magazines. I was able to get the latest issue of Cotton Time and I can't wait until I sit down, relax and go through this wonderful magazine.

There was a gift store with alot of cute stuff, I think mostly for children, but they did have an assortment of appliances. So many rice cookers everywhere, I almost was about to buy one, but wait I already have one! Then we went into another shop that had dishes, teapots and other home decorative items. Oh, I fell in love with a Kokeshi doll. We definately have to go back. The main part of the market is groceries, produce, etc. and then there is a foodcourt, which was pretty crowded. Instead we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant nearby. I'm not really a big fan of sushi, but Angela insisted on ordering sushi. I also had tempura, California rolls and miso soup. My lunch was good, but I suddenly wasn't as hungry as I was when we got there, I wonder if it's the miso soup that filled me up. I didn't finish my meal, I guess it's a good thing, because I'm usually a piglet. Maybe it just was too much excitement for one day.

I'm going to head over to the couch, watch the olympics and look at my new magazine (and a glass a wine!). I'll post photos tomorrow.

Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I'd really like to see another view of the quilt on the cover if you have time to take another picture. That quilt looks beautiful. Those are definitely "my" colors. It sounds like you had a lovely time. I am jealous.

Billie said...

No problem, I'll post some time today. Yeah, we had a fun day! I hear the one in Costa Mesa is even bigger, that's about an hour drive north of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to visit that store when I'm in San Diego next month :o) I'll bring Marc along for the field trip. I know he won't object to the food. Your piglet comment made me smile - that's me, too!! Hope you're having a smiley weekend!
xox,
Linnea

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...