Sunday, October 16, 2005

Rain, rain, go away

Actually, no, we need the rain. I just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to spending the morning inside with 30+ children. Yikes! Here's the view to our backyard, looks pretty sad. I really didn't expect it to rain, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the weather reports.

Anyway, right now it's cozy inside, even though I'm home alone. I baked two cakes, but single layer cakes, that's enough. I made applesauce with most of my apples, and that was used as one of the ingredients for both cakes; the Applesauce Cake from King Arthur Flour website and the other is an Espresso Cake from somewhere in Weight Watcher land. It's supposed to be 1 point per serving, but sheesh, it serves 14! I guess you get a sliver. They both smell delicious. I'll sample the Espresso Cake later. DD left earlier, so looks like I'll be taking cakes to work tomorrow. I know the children will enjoy.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...