Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blueberry Muffins

I've been a little addicted to muffins lately. Just love having a muffin with my coffee in the morning. Of course, I found a blueberry recipe on Pinterest. It's a Starbucks recipe, not sure if it's the real thing, but it tastes so good! I made jumbo sized muffins this time around, so technically it's two muffins per muffin, lol! Here is the recipe from recipe.com.



Starbucks Blueberry Muffins

1/4 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups pastry flour
1 grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup wild blueberries

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Sift dry ingredients together. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with milk. (Begin and end with flour for the best texture. Not sure why, but this works.) Toss blueberries with lemon rind and gently fold into batter. Do not over-mix. 

Fill 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups or grease with butter. Fill 2/3 full with batter. 

Bake in preheated 375F oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from tins and cool on rack. 

Note: the only thing I did differently was use all-purpose flour, instead of pastry flour. Oh, and next time I will use paper liners, little tough getting out of the pan, but did not affect the taste.




No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...