Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. They look really nice, although not easy to put together.
The first thing I made were these Jalapeno Beer Muffins. They were pretty good. Here's the recipe, adapted from this Basic Beer-Cheese Bread from Cooking Light.
Jalapeno-Cheese Beer Muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Jalapenos
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded 4 blend Mexican cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle lager-style beer (I used Heineken)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add onion mixture, cheese and beer to flour mixture, stirring just until moist with spoon.
Spoon batter into 12 cup muffin pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle melted butter over each muffin batter. Bake at 375F for about 18-20 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan and cool complete on wire rack.
Maybe bake a little longer, because mine didn't turn out golden brown as the recipe says. I was to anxious to eat them!
Thanks for stopping by!