Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quilt Month

I've joined mr. monkeysuit's quilt month. I thought it would inspire me to get back into quilting which I have put on the back burner long enough. I'm ashamed to say I haven't completed many quilts. In fact I've never really made a true quilt. You know the large ones that you can throw on your bed. I always have these grand ideas and then make a bunch of blocks and then . . . . what happened? They are burried beneath my stash of fabrics.

heart applique wall hanging

I've made plenty of wallhangings or lap quilts and a few doll quilts when I use to make dolls. Actually, I thought these two were sent off to the Goodwill, but I found them in the bottom of my stash bin. I'm glad there were there.

I still have my quilt blocks that I put away years ago, thinking some day I will get back to my quilts. I think I'm over my "non-quilting" phase. I've seen so many wonderful quilts that I'm now inspired again! Yay!! I have more to share but I will leave it for the next day or two.

My mind is going crazy with alot of projects I want to make and finish. I'm happy to come across so many beautiful quilting blogs and reminded of my long lost passion. Thank you! I'm a little intimidated about making a large quilt, but I think it's about time to turn those blocks into something fabulous! Stay tuned . . . .

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

mrmonkeysuit said...

Finishing a quilt is a very addictive feeling. So glad your joining quilt month.

billie said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I've finally pulled out some of those blocks and it's a "sawtooth", but I can't find the instructions, so looks like I'm winging it.

Bubba said...

Why on earth would you ever quit quilting! You are amazing, those are absolutely beautiful!!!

Halloween treat bags

Good morning! A quick craft share with mini treat bags. Very simple to put together, I'm looking forward to making these because I love...