Friday, August 08, 2008

Fried Rice

Ooops, and again I forgot to take a photo, but I guess you all know what fried rice looks like. It was nice to cook with the children, they help me put the ingredients together and watch with anticipation. It gives me a chance to just sit and talk with them about other things, as well.

Cooking the Chinese Way by Ling Yu. This is a great book to share with children and has some simple recipes that can be easily prepared and shared. It also had a little bit of info about cultural festivities, history, the land, cooking techniques, ingredients, and even low-fat variations.

I think since this week was such a success, we may be intergrating cooking some how into next week's theme, "Friendships". We are winding down are summer program as school starts in two weeks.

Okay, I'll stop with the food! I promise my next post will be something crafty.

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Lily Pang said...

Thanks for sharing the experience! I definitely should try when my baby grows a bit older.

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...