Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cool little potholders

Saturday afternoon when I was out and about I stopped at Barnes & Noble to have a look around the magazines. Instead I ended up in the craft book section and this little book kind of jump out at me that I had to have it.

This little book is full of ideas on making potholders, hotpads, oven mitts, etc. And they look really nice instead of those ugly old plain ones that you buy, which I have. So with a little bit of fabric, imagination, and little time you can make one of these precious little gems that you can admire while in the kitchen. I'm always thinking of making a different kind of gift (with food included, of course), this would be perfect in a basket of assorted goodies. So if I don't make my Mom those appliqued/embroidered tea towels, I certainly can make her a potholder or oven mitts! Here's a few sample photos.



Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

What a great book! Those look almost too cute to use!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...