Sunday, April 06, 2008

Fondue, Cupcakes and Wine

Yesterday my daughter celebrated her 23rd birthday with her friends at the house. Well, it was supposed to be a pool party and bbq. Forget the "pool" part, it was cold and overcast and I know the water is too cold for swimming. We don't heat the pool, except for the spa, since the gas and electric bill has almost doubled with having a pool. Anyway, her friend suggested she have a fondue as one of the appetizers. I have never made fondue but always wanted to try it. It was easy, fun and very tasty. Yumm, I'm definately making it again!. Friday I spent the evening making 4 dozen chocolate and vanilla cupcakes and it was well worth it. The cupcakes were a hit, especially the vanilla! I wish I had taken a picture they looked so cute and a real eye-pleaser on the food table when the guests walked through the kitchen to the patio. The recipe is on the Martha Stewart website, which is from Billy's Bakery in NYC. They are delicious, and if you want a good cupcake recipe this one you have to try.

Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes

And here's a funny, I was talking to my mom yesterday and telling her how I came home from work after stopping at the store and buying last minute things for the party and I was sort of frazzled-out from a week of working "fulltime" which I'm not use to doing and knew I had to get going on those cupcakes. She laughed when I told her "forget it, I'm baking but I'm also having a glass of wine or two while I bake!" Thank goodness, I didn't screw up the recipe.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...