Monday, June 11, 2007

My Monday Off

Today I took another vacation day, I requested to take off Monday's for this month. I just wanted a little bit longer weekend than normal. I'm taking a couple of more days off next month, too. We didn't plan a vacation this year, hopefully next year, so I'm going to enjoy longer weekends instead.

Besides sleeping in a little bit this morning and sipping my coffee while online, it has been a busy day. I did a load of laundry, submitted my Avon order, and read a few blogs. Then off to to the library to pick up some books I ordered, run to the bank, and then to the gym. Came home and made a large pitcher of Iced Passion Tea. I'm not really a iced tea person, but my daughter brought home lots of Tazo teas and makes iced tea regularly. It's very good.

The books I checked out are "Outdoor Kitchens" by Better Homes and Gardens (I can dream, can't I?), "Flea Market Make-overs" by BJ Berti, and "Embroidery Techniques & Patterns" by Marle-Noelle Bayard (beautiful photographs and detailed stitches). I haven't had a chance to looked at these books, but I will try to write about them soon.

Well, my day is not over yet and the sun is shining, it's beautiful outside, I have some gardening to do before it's time to cook dinner. Actually, it's really watering of plants. There's alot of gardening to do, but I don't know if I'm going to do it or hire someone to do it. That's another story.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...