Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Treasure Box" Totebags

Here are the totebags I made last weekend out of my stash that I no longer want.

They're small, measures 7"x7" plus handle, perfect for a child. I made four, but I gave one away already. I made them from a square quilt panel, I think it's called "cheater's quilt", something like that. I stitched diagonally across the panel using one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine, in between the two different prints. If anything, I have a chance to play around with the different stitches that I never use on my machine.

Here's a close up of the stitching, which isn't bad. This machine isn't an expensive one, but it does have a few extra stitches that you can embellish with.

Okay, I'm off to meet a friend for lunch. I should be checking back within a few days. It's taking me hours just to get this posted!




1 comment:

woof nanny said...

Holy cow, talk about productive! Super cute too! I'm so excited you're joining the purse challenge. Really cool.

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...