My Swedish cookies

Okay, back to my Swedish cookies, I was able to make a few yesterday. Yes, it is a bit time consuming, but it was something different and I enjoy being in the kitchen with my tv on to keep me company. I was also able to put to use of my tartlet pans that were suppose to be used for Sandbakelser, which I was clueless about. Anyway, I did a taste test and they are delicious! They would be great with "a nice cup of tea". I became a little busy yesterday and I wasn't able to finish baking the batch, so I'm going to finish it up tonight. I plan on mixing up a different batch of cookie dough for me to bake tomorrow. I'm working split shifts today and tomorrow, then I have Jury Duty on Wednesday. I have no idea what's going to happen after that, but I want to have some homemade cookies ready for when dd comes home from college. She will be finished with finals and I would like to have the house completely decorated and cookies waiting for her when she comes home!

Okay, here are a few of the cookies, some are a little toasty looking, but I'm getting the hang of it. Oh, if you flip the cookies over you can fill them with jam or cream.

Comments

Mia said…
Your cookies look yummy, Tweety!! I have to finish up this week so I am going to try to make dough tonight to bake tomorrow. I so want to be done baking but I am running out of time.
Your cookies are so cute! I luv the shape..I bet they taste great =)
Lori said…
I make these cookies too! My grandmother and great aunt used to make these for my Norwegian-born grandfather, so I inherited all the little tins. I also make the Krumkake - the cookies you make on a patterned iron and then roll around a cone. Why are the Scandinavian cookies so labor intensive???

Popular Posts