Monday, December 12, 2005

My Swedish cookies

Okay, back to my Swedish cookies, I was able to make a few yesterday. Yes, it is a bit time consuming, but it was something different and I enjoy being in the kitchen with my tv on to keep me company. I was also able to put to use of my tartlet pans that were suppose to be used for Sandbakelser, which I was clueless about. Anyway, I did a taste test and they are delicious! They would be great with "a nice cup of tea". I became a little busy yesterday and I wasn't able to finish baking the batch, so I'm going to finish it up tonight. I plan on mixing up a different batch of cookie dough for me to bake tomorrow. I'm working split shifts today and tomorrow, then I have Jury Duty on Wednesday. I have no idea what's going to happen after that, but I want to have some homemade cookies ready for when dd comes home from college. She will be finished with finals and I would like to have the house completely decorated and cookies waiting for her when she comes home!

Okay, here are a few of the cookies, some are a little toasty looking, but I'm getting the hang of it. Oh, if you flip the cookies over you can fill them with jam or cream.

3 comments:

Mia said...

Your cookies look yummy, Tweety!! I have to finish up this week so I am going to try to make dough tonight to bake tomorrow. I so want to be done baking but I am running out of time.

Culinarily Obsessed said...

Your cookies are so cute! I luv the shape..I bet they taste great =)

Lori said...

I make these cookies too! My grandmother and great aunt used to make these for my Norwegian-born grandfather, so I inherited all the little tins. I also make the Krumkake - the cookies you make on a patterned iron and then roll around a cone. Why are the Scandinavian cookies so labor intensive???

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...