Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Halloween Memories

This time of year always brings back memories of my daughter and I getting ready for Halloween going through patterns, picking and choosing patterns and fabric and then making her Halloween costume. My sewing machine was really busy back in those days when I wasn't working or working very little. I made her costume every year (usually from a pattern) until she went into middle school. Actually, no, I did make one costume when she was in the 6th grade and then that was the end of it. Funny, though, she called me over the weekend and was all excited that she had bought all the supplies for her costume for under $20. She had it all and was going to put it together that weekend - she's going to be a "skunk" - uh, okay. Anyway, I thought I would share one of my scrapbook pages I made a few years ago of pictures I had, I'm sad that I didn't take more pictures and better ones.

I love "Snow White", because I think she really looked like Snow White! She was also Olive Oyl and then the Queen of Hearts. She didn't like the Queen of Hearts. It was fine at first, but once she got the costume on and she was walking with it, she was miserable. And then a young boy laughed at her and then she really wanted that costume off! Of course, she also wanted "tricks or treats", too, so she stuck with it. Of course, this year she's going to a party with friends from college and I pray that she's safe. At least, she's not driving and it's with her church group. I shouldn't worry. (sigh)

This is an old scan, I'm going to try to re-scan "Snow White", because I really love that picture and every copy on the computer I have is blurry. I have a newer scanner now, so I may have better luck.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...