Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Pancake Day!

Well, we call it Shrove Tuesday. I usually try to make pancakes, as that is what my husband ate on the day before Ash Wednesday growing up in England. It's been awhile, but I'm going to make crepes. I haven't decided what kind to make, sweet or savory . . . maybe both? I once made crepes stuffed with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. I might have to switch that a little, though (no meat). I'll have to dust off my cookbook and get some ideas, Crepes: Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Home Cook. I'm sure I'll find something to make that everyone will enjoy.

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday to purchase the book "Julie and Julia". I know, I know it received mediocre reveiws, but after watching the moving and all the extra features that come with the dvd, I felt I should read the book. Anway, before leaving I did a quick run through the magazine section, I'm hooked on magazines. I saw the last issue of Apronology and I just had to buy it even though it's pretty pricey for a magazine. The pictures are gorgeous and some really beautiful aprons. If you don't sew there is info on where to purchase these works of art. This is a magazine that is hard to pass up!

1 comment:

antmee said...

Glad to hear you are still with us. I know what you mean about busy! Work outside the home and too much work inside the home. I rented some DVD's on the weekend but haven't gotten a chance to watch them yet. Also we had pancake day here in Murray Bridge, Australia on Tuesday. I was going to go early with my son for pancake brekky but forgot until I got to work and the CEO mentioned it and we went up and got some. A local charity got the profits so good all round.

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...