Saturday, March 21, 2009

WIP - cupcake applique

Hello again, well if I can post every other day then I'm doing pretty good. Actually, I'm not sewing as much as I would like to be, work just gets in the way. I've been wanting to make a quilt as pictured on the cover of Feb 2009 Quick Quilts, (see the quilt below)


but thought I would practice my applique skills first. It's been a long time, I use to either applique by hand or machine. On machine I would use the satin stitch, because that's what that old machine did and I wasn't too thrilled with the outcome. The by-hand method would never get finished! Now with my new Brother (still consider it new), I have many options. I've always liked the blanket stitch.

cupcake


As you can see, I need a lot more practice. Egads! Oh well, a few more blocks to go.

~Billie

1 comment:

silversadie said...

gosh! why would you say you need more practice. I think the cup cake's awesome! as a matter fact, looking at this very design I believe I'm going to do my very first appliqué. Of course my machine doesn't allow me more choice than a zig-zag stitch.
I love the piece you used for the whipped cream. Its a beauty!

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...