Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ikea shopping

Friday we managed to make it to Ikea in San Diego, but it sure was hot. Even hotter yesterday!

Anyway, I didn't see anything that I really wanted or needed for some reason. I was really anxious to get over there, but once I was there nothing really seemed to jump out at me and scream "buy me". I bought this lamp, actually I bought the lampshade last year, thinking that I had a small lamp that it would be perfect for. Well, I did have a small lamp, but it didn't look right, so the lampshade sat on my closet shelf for almost a year. I love the embroidery design, especially the little bird. (excuse all the clutter on the desk, I cropped most of it out) I bought the lamp base, but my bulbs don't fit - back to Ikea. I also bought a drying rack, I usually have a few items that I like to hang instead of throwing in the dryer, especially since the dryer seems to be a waste of energy when it's already in the upper 90's.

While we were walking through Ikea I saw this one room that was sort of a studio, I think. I wished I had brought my camera, I should have went back and snapped it with my phone. Anyway, the space was almost the size of my kitchen/dinning room. I think mine is bigger, it had the kitchen area off to one side, minimal counter space like mine. Then to the other side was a family room area and then of course off to the side was a small dining table and two chairs. I would love to transform my space into that! There was a couch, coffee table, lamps and a wall unit with tv, stereo, etc. I don't think I would have a the whole wall unit, but a flat screen would be nice. The whole look was cozy. Anyway, I've been dreaming of that set up ever since. I need to go back!

Yesterday, I put up a roll-up window shade over the kitchen sink. It was a bear to put up, but I was determined. Now, that I see it up, I don't think I want to put up a valance. It looks fine the way it is, my husband agrees. Ooops, sorry more clutter on the counter, but we still have painting projects going on. Angela is painting her nightstand green and I don't want my espresso machine anywhere near the sink right now, if you know what I mean. I still have have to gather up those cords for the tv, also need new switchplates - calls for another trip to Home Depot. Can you see how bright it can get in the kitchen? I also have a sliding glass door off to the left that gets full sun as well. Hey, that's the Food Channel on tv, I think it's Giada, from "Everyday Italian", chopping up some onions. I can't see, the photo is too dark!

Well, I must get back to work around the house. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...