Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Recycling Fabric

At work we had a mom come in and drop off a box load of fabric remnants. Looks like they are samples for furniture or draperies. Her employer was going to throw them away, so she thought maybe at our childcare program we could use them for an art project or just give them away to whoever wanted them. Here is a partial photo of my stash.


Well, there are too many to use for a simple projects, but the children are having fun playing "fabric store" with them. I get such a kick out of watching them while I do paper work and clean up before I take them to Kindergarten. I tell them "I'll be at the shop in a few minutes and to do some shopping"! Right now it's a novelty and they are loving it. They have the little cash register out and bags to put your purchases in. Of course, there alot of workers and I'm the only customer! Too funny! Anyway, I've been bringing samples home and have plans to make something - pillows and totebags are all I can think of right now. I was playing around with them and made this bag, I think it would be good for shopping or books. It's pretty sturdy. Book or journal covers is another idea.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...