Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday Sewing

Today I spent a good part of the afternoon sewing a storage case for my daughter. Actually, it was part of a gift she was giving to a good friend who is expecting. She made her Amy B's Nappy Bag with changing pad and storage case, which she has been working on for the last two weeks. But with other sewing projects and work she ran out of time to make the storage case and the baby shower is tonight! So while she was at work and being the great Momma that I am, I made that storage case, but I don't think the new Momma will use it that much, because we realized that it was a bit of a nuisance to put the changing pad in. Oh well, at least the set is complete. Here is a photo of the storage case laid out on my ironing board, as most photos are arranged because it's the only clear spot for a photo shoot.

Anyway, the pattern was fairly easy to sew and one of the main reasons I wanted to do it was because it called for buttonholes and I haven't done those in a very long time and I wanted to start practicing - my daughter has never made them. Not a good idea to practice on a gift, but I made the buttonholes about a half dozen times before I did the real thing. Wow, I couldn't believe how easy it was! Maybe I can start sewing up shirts!! I love this fabric, and she has some leftover, so maybe I'll able to squeeze a purse out of the deal.

I love today, it was rainy, windy, a little overcast and then sunny. It was perfect day to be home alone sewing and listening to the radio. Hmmm, what can I sew tomorrow . . .

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...