Sunday, June 24, 2007

Moving continues ....

Yes, we're still moving my daughter back home. I never realized how much "stuff" she has! Oh wow, what have I created? Anyway, it's okay, it's made me think about what we have and what we don't need and should be tossed. So I've been throwing out alot of garbage, or what looks like garbage to me and also donating boxes of clothing and household goods to the AmVets. I guess I should have done this years ago when she was in high school, but life can be busy and the last thing I think about is "spring cleaning". We still have boxes and piles of bags stacked around the house, but not as bad as last week. Yes, eventually it will be nice and neat around here again.

This morning I managed to work on those curtains I mentioned a week ago. I thought about them all week and all I wanted to do was get going on them, but between going to work and then heading to the gym every day, there is not much time left in the day to sew. Oh, lets not forget the decluttering I'm currently doing. Here is a picture of the ruffles I sewed, which is laid across the curtain fabric. It's a start, anyway. Excuse the poor quality of the photo, I used my cell phone and then text it too my daughter at work. She liked them, she wants curtains made for her next. This afternoon we have company coming over for a bbq, so I doubt I will get much done today. I need to organize the kitchen, the kitchen table is a disaster. I feel like such a slob lately, very frustrating. I'm glad I have Monday off, I have an extra day this weekend to clean house!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...