Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Time is Here

Believe it or not, I was able to put up our Christmas tree today! Okay, some people may have chopped their tree down and already have it up and decorated, but I'm the type that is so disorganized that it takes me awhile to get it together. Well, it's not a real tree, the weather is a little too dry for us to have a real tree, but I'm sure many So. Californians will disagree and have one with no problem, but we are the paranoid types. I love real trees, I grew up having a real tree for Christmas, my husband did not. I love the smell of a real tree, it brings back childhood memories. So after having real and artificial throughout our marriage, we are back to an artificial tree -- I'm over it. Anyway, it's not decorated yet and I still need to sort out the lights, but the tree is up and most of the lights are working. I spent the afternoon cleaning and rearranging the living room furniture. I'm so excited that I have it up! I still have the house to decorate and need to put away all the Autumn stuff, but I'm just glad I didn't wait until a week before Christmas to get started.

As soon as we arrived home from Sacramento, I was already playing Christmas music. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is my favorite. I'll never get tired of it.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...