Monday, June 12, 2006

A Little Bit of Progress

I had a busy weekend, yes, I did stitch. Can you believe it? I worked on my sampler for a couple of hours Saturday and Sunday morning. It was nice, my daughter and husband were asleep and I for some reason woke up very early both mornings. Instead of just laying there I made a pot of coffee and went into my newly arranged craft room and started to stitch. I would have sewed on my machine, I had plenty of projects that I could be doing, but I like the quiet of the morning. Of course, I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts, which keeps me inspired. I watched the day that started off gloomy in the morning turn into warmth and sunshine. I don't think we expected such nice weather. Anyway, I haven't been stitching in my usual spot which is in the living room. I had to move into the craft room temporarily, which isn't such a bad spot. The lighting is good when the sun decides to appear, it faces east and the morning sun is great for stitching. Here is my progress so far, and this is just a small section of a pretty large sampler.

I would have like to have the cottage done and some of the borders that run across completed. The stitching is pretty simple and no worries of changing colors. Maybe if I can settle in during the week for a few hours each night I can complete that. I 'm also working on mini-quilt projects for my kids at work. It turned out that I'm doing most of the work, but that's okay, it's close to the end of the school year and it's my little gift to them.

Well, I must get moving, it's back to the gym today. Have a nice evening!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...