Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Kid's Mini-Quilts

Okay, I've blogged before about making mini-quilts (and other sewing projects) with the students I work with. They just love it when I bring out the box of scrap fabrics, stitching kits, needle and thread, etc. Oh, of course the fabric markers! Here is a quick photo of the last mini-quilts that are almost complete. I'll take them to work tomorrow and have the students sew up the bottom and see if I can get them to quilt along the border or something. I should have a sample for them to see, but it's too late in the evening to think about that now. Oh well, I'm still not sure if they are up to hand sewing that much. I can get them to sew a little bit, but they tire easily and will ask me to do it in the end, and we don't have that much time. The morning goes by quickly and we also do storytime and let them play outside for half an hour, and then take them to breakfast before they go to school. It's a busy morning.

Anyway, I'm done with my school "homework", as one of the students calls it. Now I can get back to my crafts. Have a lovely evening.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...