Sunday, May 21, 2006

Memorial Day weekend ahead?

I can't believe it's almost here! Oh my, and so much has been going on lately -- our daughter has already finished her 3rd year of college at Long Beach State and this weekend we are moving her into her new digs in Huntington Beach. Lucky girl, she's so excited. She's moving into a condo with two other college girls. My dh has been busy with grading finals, travels with work, and classes of his own that he is taking and in the meantime, I'm "holding down the fort", but we should be finished with the moving on Saturday and then our first backyard party is on Sunday. Woohoo! I haven't done too much planning, I have one cousin bringing potato salad and corn on the cob, my other cousin is making baked beans, I'll supply the burgers and dogs. Anyway, it's sort of last minute, but we all are anxious for the weekend and ready to kick back and party!

I've manged to do a little crafting and collected a few more vintage patterns. I started a quilt project with the children at work. It's sort of an ongoing thing with them, because with the amount of time we have in the mornings and the pace of the program it's hard to stick with it, but we try. I'll try to post some photos next week.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...