Sunday, January 29, 2006

My daughter the stitcher

Not only is my dd a knitter, she has taken up embroidery! Yesterday she was going on and on about this website called Sublime Stitching and she wanted to order a bunch of patterns, but has no money. Her head was swimming with ideas on what she was going to make or stitch on. I caved in, so the patterns are on their way. In the meantime she wanted me to teach her how to embroider. I told her it's easy and she's has already done it. I had her cross-stitching when she was 10 years old and I have proof of it. Some day I'll scan some of her work, she was very good. Anyway, she says she doesn't remember!

Yesterday, was a busy day with errands, laundry, etc. Dh is off on a business trip this morning to New Jersey, so I'll have a few days to myself. Dd is leaving tomorrow for school, she usually comes home on the weekends. No stitching done yesterday, but I managed to get quite a bit done during the week. This is not the greatest picture, alot of shadows and very wrinkly. It's a fairly large sampler, 15" x 26". I won't be doing one this large again, but I do like samplers.

Folk Sampler

Good news, I went to my WW meeting yesterday and happy to say that I lost a couple of pounds. It seems like I've been at a plateau forever! Anyway, today we're off to Michael's for their 5-hour Yarn Event. It's supposed to be filled with exciting demos and activities. Okay, sounds like fun.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...