Monday, January 23, 2006

Another busy day

I worked a split shift today, I haven't done that in quite a while. I know I have some days scheduled in Feb. That's okay, a little extra money is good right now, but I got a call today to work tomorrow and Wednesday afternoons and I had to tell her no, I had other things to do (yeah, like my sampler). Oh, I did some stitching yesterday, but today no such luck (although the night is not over, yet).

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday looking for a good cross-stitch magazine to take home. I was overwhelmed by all the magazines, they must have just got in a new shipment. Any suggestions out there? I haven't bought a cross-stitch magazine in years. I usually buy a home decorating magazine or a food magazine, which I need to steer away from right now. I love food and I usually spend my time online looking at food sites or food blogs and collecting recipes, that needs to stop and I need to focus my energy on something else because I'm having a tough time trying to lose weight and keeping it off. It's not like I have a lot to lose, but I'm uncomfortable and my clothes are fitting me tight. Just going to the gym is not working out.

Anyway, to all you cross-stitchers out there, if there are any books or magazines that you would recommend please let me know. Like I've said before, I have been "out of it" for a very long time and any news would be helpful. Later, I'll be asking about quilting . . . .

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Hi Tweety!
Thanks for dropping into visit me at Patra's Place. Always nice to see a new name, and meet another stitcher online! You asked what books or mags are worthwhile; well, how long is a piece of string? as the saying goes! There are sooooooooo many these days. I've lost count of the number of cross stitch books I have - could be up to 100...I'll never stitch anything from many of them, but it is nice to have them to browse through. I avoid buying magazines simply because I just have nowhere to store them, but I have weakened occasionally, and bought one when I have seen a pattern that I simply MUST have :-)
So, my advice to you is just to keep looking through all the books and mags you come across, and only buy when something really jumps out at you. That way it isn't a complete waste of money. I buy most of mine on eBay, as some of the books are quite expensive in the shops, but you can pick them up for a fraction of the price on eBay.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your sampler soon. I had a look at your flickr album - loved the little 'tweety bird'!
Gina

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...