Sunday, November 20, 2005

What a beautiful day!

It was such a nice day, I didn't mind the drive to LA. The traffic was good. I got to Long Beach in just over an hour, that is very good! Anyway, my dd and I went to lunch at Panda Express. It's nice that there is a shopping center near her apartment, there are plenty of places to eat. I like the fact that she lives next door to the Police Station. I want her to be safe, even though she is 20 and she probably can handle herself.

After lunch we went to my Aunt's house and chatted with her for a little bit. Her and my Mom crack me up! They are sisters. My Aunt had two 1 gallon bags of Laguna Beach sand. I'm supposed to cart this off to Sacramento this week. Okay, my dh will get a kick out of that. She also gave me a hanging basket to give to my Mom, too. We left my Aunt's house and I took my dd back to her apartment and then I drove up to my cousin C's house. She lives in San Pedro which is about another 20 minutes away towards the coast. I didn't mind the drive because it gave me a chance to drive through Belmont Shore and Long Beach on Ocean Blvd. The view was awesome, it was sunny and warm, people were out and about, and I just soaked it all in. It was clear and you could see Catalina Island, it really was a treat. I wished I had my camera. I took a picture with my camera phone but it turned out lousy.

Anyway, I didn't stay long. My cousin and I had a heart to heart conversation -- we are always so concerned about our parents now that they are getting on in age. Our uncle is on dyalisis (sp) and I asked how he was doing, she sees him often and makes sure that he is getting the things that he needs and able to keep his appointments. He is one of my Mom's younger brothers -- there are nine siblings and all are still living, except for one, in or near San Pedro. I like to visit them and see how they are doing. I love my cousin, we are very close, I don't have a sister and maybe that's why I feel so close to her. I can talk to her about anything, and if I don't, she will manage to get it out of me. She has two sisters and I'm close to them also, but not as much as I am with her.

Can you believe it was close to 90 degrees here today? It doesn't seem like Thanksgiving is just a few days away!

You know, I have more to write about, but now my writing is starting to get jumbled up. I will write again tomorrow and maybe make some kind of sense of it all. I had a pretty busy day, I've been up since 5am and now it's starting to show. Good nite!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...