Thursday, March 07, 2019

Looking forward to Spring

Hope your week is going well. It rained most of the day yesterday and I was able to get a couple of hours of stitching done. I started a new cross stitch, this time it's for Spring. Most of my current projects are Christmas, so I was anxious to get this one started that I found in last year's issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine. It's not very big, I think I can finish it in a few days if I sit down and focus. I love the colors, although I did change a few. It's stitched on 28 count ecru evenweave and I'm using DMC floss. It's called Spring Tin by Liezabeth Gottschall. I think I'll mount it flat in a frame of some kind instead of a tin.





Anyway I should be looking for spring and summer patterns, because I don't have very many of any season. Lately I've been working on Christmas patterns. I'm usually looking through magazines or websites, because there isn't any local needlework shops in my area. Since getting back into cross stitch, I have very few patterns that I kept from years ago. I'll have to share my sampler I started well over 10 years ago. I never kept track of my projects, but I know it's old. Then there are a lot I made and gave away and most are Christmas designs that are packed away with the decorations. I'm so glad I'm cross-stitching again, I forgot how stress relieving it really is. 

Have a wonderful day and happy stitching!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...