Saturday, July 22, 2017

Vacation and sewing with Mom

Yesterday, was a long day. We started making a slipcover that my mom has been wanting for her headboard. She had it in her mind what she wanted, but it took us a few hours how to cut the fabric and what the measurements would be. I don't know why I didn't go on youtube, because I might have saved us a little time.


My daughter's cute, little sewing machine makes a great travel sewing machine. I thought I was going to run into problems because I was sewing on thick fabric, but it worked out fine. A great little workhorse!



We did a little  fitting to see if our measurements were right. We realized we need to take a few inches off the bottom, which you can't tell. Actually we cut off 12 inches and we ran elastic through the bottom.



And here's the finish product. Looks pretty good and we saved a ton of money! Of course, my Mom's kitty, has to make herself at home




No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...