Bread Pudding recipe

I've never made bread pudding, even though I always end up throwing out day old French bread. What a waste, because this recipe came together quickly and was ready by the time we finished dinner. I don't know why I have never made it before. It was very good and wasn't terribly sweet like the bread pudding I bought last week at the grocery store.


Here is the recipe for you.

Bread Pudding

6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.



Comments

MissDinTexas said…
Billie,
Thank you for posting and sharing this for everyone. I know my whole family will enjoy this yummy bread pudding....oooh I think I can smell it now...yum !Thank you again hun.
MissDinTexas = KooKooForCards
Hugs from Texas ❤
MissDinTexas said…
Billie,
Thank you for posting and sharing this for everyone. I know my whole family will enjoy this yummy bread pudding....oooh I think I can smell it now...yum !Thank you again hun.
MissDinTexas = KooKooForCards
Hugs from Texas ❤

Popular Posts