Friday, October 22, 2010

Kitchen remodel ... work in progress

As promised, here are some photos of our kitchen project. So nice to be able to have someone to do the work, because we would be clueless. As I am typing this, our brand new cabinets are being installed, yay! Anyway, here are some before pics:



Just your basic kitchen that desperately needed an update. Drawers broken and then removed, dishwasher died months ago and the first to go, sliding glass door that was just a pain in the ass to open, and sadly my range that is less than a year old, sigh. We're going with stainless steel so it has to go.

After demolition:
As you can see a new door and window is installed and windowsill is raised. It's starting to take shape. I love the new lights above!

In the meantime I've been doing some major decluttering .... that was the nightmare part of this project. I don't know how many times I went to Home Depot for boxes. Then to drop of goods at our local AmVets for donation. It took me at least a week to declutter and pack all the stuff in the kitchen and finding new homes for the furniture. The rest of our house is upside down. We have two other rooms that are getting a little bit of a change, too. Yes, it's a little crazy around here,but we're close to finish and so far no major problems (crossing my fingers).

Good-bye old cookbooks!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll return with more photo updates and hopefully I'll be crafting and cooking soon!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...