Friday, September 18, 2009

Stitching update

Just a quick post before I run off to work. I'm coming along on my cross-stitch that I posted about a few days ago. As promised here is the link that inspired me to take up this craft again, Les Fils d'Helene. She provides the free graph which I'm stitching. Thank you, Helene! Only takes a few colors and looks like I should finish in no time, that's if I stay on task, ha ha! I have some ideas in mind as to how I'm going to showcase it. I don't think I want to frame it, I was thinking of a mini-quilt or tea towel (to show off, not use). First time I'm not using a hoop, don't know why I started out that way, but this aida is very stiff and doesn't seem to be a problem.

Have a great day and stay tuned for more of my crafty adventures. I'm slowly getting back into a routine and blogging again . . . . just need to tackle that sewing room, grrr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use to cross stitch all the time!! Im sure someday I'll pick it up again :) Enjoy!

HELENE said...

It's a very beautiful beginning !!! Thank you for having posted a link to my chart, it's very nice !!!!!!
Have a nice day !!!!!

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...