Friday, June 20, 2008

Paint project #1 and my staycation

Sorry, I've been a little bit missing in action, but I finally finished painting the kitchen and dining area. Well, almost finished, I have a few touchups here and there. It was a big job for me, now I feel like I can tackle any other paint job in the house on my own! Next, in the works is making new curtains, hang up the new roll-up shade (we get alot of sun in that room), and decide what to put on the walls and what to do about window coverings for the sliding glass door. Basically the walls are white, Behr's "Swiss Coffee", and I'm so happy with that after putting up with a sort of mauve-salmonny color for around 4 years. I don't know why we did that, and worse yet, I don't know what took me so long to re-paint it! Anyway, it's done! I'll have pics soon. Now I want new dining room furniture, new cabinets, stove, flooring ..... the list goes on. Sigh. Next week I'll begin cleaning and then painting my sewing room.

Today is the first day of my vacation, I guess really I should say staycation, because I'm not planning on going any where, but play around the house and beyond. I have alot of catching up to do, anyway. Today, Angela and I plan to drive down to San Diego (not that far), see her new place of work, home, and then IKEA and probably lunch. I'm looking forward to getting out.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Billie! I hope you have a good staycation :o) I like that word. Have fun at Ikea, too. I need to pay that store a visit in the near future... I need a new lamp! Hope you have a great weekend!
xox,
Linnea

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...