Sunday, July 29, 2007

Finished Curtains!

I wish I could see these on the kitchen window that they are meant to be on, I really couldn't take a decent picture, so a closet photo will have to do, excuse the mess, I tried to crop out as much as I could. My daughter delivered them to her friend (and former room mate) yesterday. She loved them! She sent me a wonderful thank you card and mentioned that my daughter and I should go into business together selling our "hand-sewn wares". I love that! It was mind-boggling making them, no pattern, no sketch, just kind of pictured in my mind what she said she wanted. It didn't take long to sew them up once I sat down at the sewing machine. See I can sew, but I'm bit of a proscrastinator!

Okay now I'm off to finish Amy Butler's stash & dash bag that I started yesterday. It's good practice for attaching zippers, which I haven't sewn in a long time. Not since I use to sew little dresses for my daughter. I also have another totebag in the works. I'm currently using my big bag I made a few months ago. It's so much nicer and lighter to carry around than that little black, leather wanna-be I was using, ugh!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...