Thursday, December 15, 2005

Springerle

Yes, another gadget! I have a rolling pin similar to this one that has been sitting around in one of my kitchen drawers forever.

I think I may have used a few times, but not within the last few years. I did a little digging in my recipe files and found a recipe that should be used with this type of rolling pin. I usually make a plain rolled cookie dough, but since I did the Swedish cookies, why not bake German cookies. Again, I have all the ingredients. I'll let you know the results. I know my dd is going to be surprised when she comes home this weekend and discovers all these cookies. She's going to wonder how I did it with only a toaster oven!

I have a busy afternoon and then I'm off to my first aid class tonight. Oh yeah, tomorrow my dh and I celebrate our anniversary. I think I will make a special dinner tomorrow night, I'm not sure what we plan to do, but I know going out will be a crazy on a Friday night during the holiday rush . . . . we'll see, we still might go out.

1 comment:

Liesl Gibson said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! That is certainly a great accomplishment and one to be proud of. Regarding the German cookies, sorry to hear they didn't turn out well. My mom and I haven't had much success with the rolling pin style molds, so I'm impressed that you were able to get good imprints with the rolling pin. The Springerle cookies do tend to be really tough - like biscotti, hmm? Maybe you can find a different recipe from House on the Hill?

http://www.houseonthehill.net/

My oven doesn't seem to go low enough to cook them properly. Good luck!

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...