Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sandbakelser (Swedish Cookies)

Well, I was up early this morning and watched a little news until the Food Channel came on .... they are making cookies on just about every show! So I was in the mood to at least make a batch, but it took me a long time to decide on what cookies to make. I pulled out my Betty Crocker Cooky Book that my dd gave me last year for Christmas. I was determined to make cookies out of that book. I came across a picture of Swedish cookies that are called Sandbakelser. I've never heard of them before, but I had the little tartlet molds in my stash of pans forever! I didn't know that is what they are used for. I bought them to make hors d'oeuvres -- ha, like I make that on regular basis. I think I only used them once or maybe twice. There was even a recipe for Sandbakelser on the box of tartlet pans, I had know idea. Anyway, I had all the ingredients to make Sandbakelser.

.... to be continued

1 comment:

Mia said...

So how did they turn out???

I still have to finish baking. So far, I have made 8 different kinds with the help of DD. This week I think I have another 8 or so because the kids keep remembering their "favorite" kinds. LOL

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...