Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jury Duty

Well, I went and did my civic duty. I sat and waited with everybody else. I brought my book to read, which I stopped reading about a year ago, "Double Shot". I must have become busy or something and forgot about it. Now, I'm back into that book and I want to finish it! I've read everyone of her books and it was pretty easy to get back into the story. Anyway, back to "jury duty" . . . I was a little concerned because I didn't want to get stuck on a panel when we we're planning to go back up to Sacramento for Christmas. We're leaving on the 22nd. I was relieved to hear when they said that the courts will be closed from Dec. 22nd until Jan. 4th. So I thought, okay I'm going to take my chances and stay to see if I get selected, I could have postponed my jury service if I wanted to. But I thought it would be nice to get away from children and do something different for a week or two. By 11:30 we were told that we were all excused and she said before we do a jig, we will probably be called back in a year from now. That's okay, I'll look forward to seeing if I get a week or two off from work.

I came home started baking another batch of cookies, the batch that I had waiting for me in the fridge. These were gingerbread cookies, they are the rolled cookies, which are my favorites. I guess because you can do as many as you can and if you get busy you can stop and put the batter in the fridge and continue the next day. I suppose you could do that with any cookies, but with rolled cookies it's best to roll the dough when it's chilled. I have at least 3 different types of cookies done so far. Pretty good for me. Sometimes I wonder why do I bother? Especially since I don't need to have any sweets around the house (I'm still going to Weight Watcher's, you know) and my dh isn't really a "cookie person". Well, dd loves cookies and it's just "tradition". Plus she can help me decorate them when she comes home this weekend. My mom always made cookies during the holidays and I want to do the same. Of course, she still does and we are swamped with cookies, but I plan on giving mine to my cousin Chris and her family, and then there's my Aunt Lucy and cousin Gabe I dont' want to forget. I like the smell of cookies in the house anyway.

Okay, I guess I'll mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies now . . . take care.

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...